Gyrocompass provides the following data:
- heading against the geographical meridian at the vessel speed up to 90 knots, latitude up to 80 degrees, roll and pitch angles up to 50 degrees;
- rate of turn;
- information about operation mode and failures.
- Maintenance free
- Efficient one box design
- Small size and versatility
- Automatic start-up and alignment against the meridian
- Short initial settling time
- Fast settling with the preset heading
- High reliability
- High static and dynamic accuracy (latitude and speed compensation, automatic compensation of temperature drifts)
- Easy installation and adjustment, built-in testing
- No compass fluid, extra cooling and heating are required, no periodic determination and compensation of azimuth drift, simplified methods of horizontal drift determination and compensation
- Adjustment of scale illumination brightness
- Ecological safety
- Operating temperature from -15°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature from -60°C to +80°C
- Shock exceeding 5G
Gyrocompass has a mono-block design. The compass casing is made of a foamed polyurethane and has a window on the top for the compass card. If necessary, built-in Control Unit may be mounted remotely, at the distance up to 100 meters away from gyrocompass.
The heart of the gyrocompass is a dynamically-tuned gyroscope – a very accurate sensor that ensures a follow-up speed up to 200°/s. A extreme value that will not occur even at the fastest high speed vessels. The gyro is able to withstand even extreme shocks exceeding 5G.